Saturday, January 21, 2012

American Competitiveness

In order to solve a problem, one must have the clearest diagnosis.

This here... appears to be the diagnosis.

A couple key nuances.

1) Taxes: It is not the tax rate, but the complexity of the system.
As a business owner I would 100% concur.  I've been ok so far with all tax rates.  And I despise how much time and effort goes into getting everything right.  It is a huge part of my life.

2) Regulations: I do not want to be Haiti.  When Haiti had the Earthquake the place fell to bits.  I do actually like regulations.  They are complex and often one person in a company... the CEO... in many small businesses... needs to do an extensive study of them prior to building.  This bumps the timeline back very far for the process of opening the doors.

I don't have a problem with any of the single regulations I saw that we had to follow.  I have a problem with the complexity.  And, that if a business is required to buy something to open it's doors - you can be the business who is selling it quadrupled their price and did not have the lower cost model available.

Well, here is the video.
http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000067845

No comments:

Post a Comment